Spring is here, and Easter is just around the corner. It’s time to start planning some family-friendly activities that everyone can enjoy. Luckily, Charlotte is filled with exciting events and attractions to make the most of this holiday season.
From traditional egg hunts and festive brunches to outdoor adventures and cultural experiences, there are plenty of things to do with your family in the Charlotte area this Easter. Whether you’re looking for a fun day out with the kids or a memorable date with your partner, this list of 26 activities is sure to inspire you. Get ready to make this Easter one to remember!
FRIDAY, April 7th
Charlotte SHOUT! at Uptown: Celebrate local art, music and food during the 17-day festival. Free. 11am. Details
90s Movie Series at Camp North End: Grab the homies, a chair and a cozy blanket to watch “The Shinning” during this movie series. Free. 7:30pm. Details
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. at Knight Theater at Levine Center for the Arts: R.E.S.P.E.C.T. is a concert tribute to the legendary Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. Wear comfortable shoes because you’ll want to get up and dance. 8pm. $25+ Details.
Disney’s Aladdin at Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center: Discover a whole new world at Disney’s ALADDIN, the hit Broadway musical, in town through April 9. Show times vary. Ticket prices vary. Details.
Charlotte Hornets vs Houston Rockets at Spectrum Center: Cheer on the home team as they take on the Houston Rockets. $16.50+. 7pm. Details
“Find what moves you”
Contact us today
SATURDAY, April 8th
- Spring Festival at Chosen City Church: There will be live music, bounce houses, games, horseback riding and an Easter egg hunt at 2pm. 12-4pm. Free admission. Details.
- Spring Fling at HopFly Brewing: Local vendors, craft brews and good times are promised at HopFly this weekend. Shop from over 20 vendors. Free. 2-7pm. Details.
- Adult easter egg hunt at NoDa Brewing Company: Join SWEAT440 NoDa at NoDa Brewing for an adult Easter egg hunt around the brewery. Prizes will be provided by SWEAT440, NoDa and NoDa Brewing. Free. 12pm. Details.
- Markets at 11 at Ballantyne’s Backyard Community Park: Shop small businesses, order drinks and snacks from regional food trucks and vibe to music by local performers. Find Ballantyne’s Backyard behind Cabo Fish Taco Ballantyne. Free. 11am-4pm. Details.
- ‘Pablomonium’ Community Celebration at The Mint Museum Uptown: Commemorate the 50th anniversary of Pablo Picasso’s death with a community celebration. Enjoy free museum admission and free admission to Picasso Landscapes: Out of Bounds, plus live music, a cash bar, food trucks, art activities, door prizes and film screenings throughout the day. Free. 10am-6pm. Details.
- Empanada Festival at the Ford Building in Camp North End: Taste your way around Latin America’s famous pastry turnovers. There’ll be local vendors and food trucks representing multiple countries, so you’re sure to have a variety to choose from — whether you prefer them baked or fried, meat-filled or vegetarian, made with flour or with corn. Free. 12-6pm. Details.
- South End Farmer’s Market at Atherton Mill: Shop from local vendors and farmers in South End. Free. 8am-1pm. Details
- Emo Night at Triple C Brewing Company: Emo Night is back with an opening set from DJ DroppedOutBeatz followed by all your favorite EMO jams from TrEMOnt band. Free. 7-10pm. Details.
- Daylight Disco at Resident Culture South End: Listen to live DJ sets, eat some tacos from El Toro Bruto and cheers to the weekend at Resident Culture’s day party. Free. 3-8pm. Details.
- Mambo Nights! at The Rabbit Hole: Get your groove on at the Rabbit Hole every Saturday night. $5-$15. 9pm. Details.
- Charlotte Brewery Crawl at multiple locations: Explore three Charlotte microbreweries in South End on this three-hour brewery crawl. Your first beer is on the house. $54.02. 5pm. Details.
- Trail of History Festival at Elizabeth Park: The first Trail of History Festival celebrates the history, growth and development of Mecklenburg County, featuring local history, art, music and food. Learn about Mecklenburg County’s 260 years of history with activities for children, local historians and museum interpreters, historical art demonstrations, and tours of the bronze sculptures. Free. 10am-4pm. Details.
- Charlotte FC Away Game Watch Party at Hi-Wire Brewing: Grab a beer and cheer on the home team while they face off against Real Salt Lake. Free. 9:30pm-midnight. Details.
- Charlotte FC Watch Party at NoDa Brewing Company: Watch the Crown take on Real Salt Lake at NoDa Brewing. Game sound will be on and projected on a 120″ screen. Limone Pizza food truck will be on-site and the Pitchside Pils will be on special for $5. Free. 7-10pm. Details.
- Spring Fling Fest at the VAPA CENTER: Guests will enjoy a food tasting from 1-3pm, 30+ food and retail vendors, a kids zone and music. Free admission. 1-8pm. Details.
- Hens & Chicks Workshop at PlantHouse: The PlantHouse crew will provide an overview of succulent care and terrarium assembly. This hour-and-a-half workshop includes your choice of an 8″ ($40) or 6″ ($30) bubble ball terrarium, rocks, soil, sand and a variety of decor. $30-$40. 6:30-8pm. Details.
- The Taylor Party: Taylor Swift Night at The Fillmore Charlotte: This Taylor Swift-inspired dance party will feature songs from every era. $18+. 8pm. Details.
Selling A House Shouldn’t be Stressful
There is a pro-active way to sell your home that gets results
Sunday, April 19th
OMB’s Easter Egg Hunt at The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery & Biergarten: BYO-basket and hop to it — there are tons of eggs to collect. There’ll be two separate areas for the kids to hunt for eggs. Children 1-4 years old will be in the “Hop Garden” area, and older kids will be hunting in the “Family Zone.” Free. 10am-3pm. Details.
Seedling Drag Brunch at Plant Joy: Eat vegan dishes and enjoy performances by some of Charlotte’s most talented drag queens. Table seating is limited so get there early to grab a spot. Or bring a chair and make your own space. Free. 11am. Details.
Easter Weekend at Carowinds: Get a photo with Snoopy the Easter Beagle and take your kids to Camp Snoopy, featuring 14 attractions designed for kids. $39.99+. 10am-8pm. Details.